Welcome - Free Gift Below!
Welcome to our Dave Ramsey SmartVestor (Investment Planning) & ELP (LTC Insurance) page. You obviously had something on your mind that triggered your inquiry. Whether it’s an upcoming retirement (or one years down the road), saving for college or a new home, securing Long Term Care or other insurance, or something else entirely, my whole focus is on helping my clients achieve their most important life goals.
While I'd much rather focus on hearing your story, your passions, & what’s important to you to accomplish (& I look forward to doing so), I know that with SmartVestor you were given 5 names of people who will all reach out to you. This can be a bit overwhelming to sort through, so I wanted to give you the info I'd want if I were you to help determine the right fit. A decision on a long-term planning relationship is important (and more than just picking who is closest to where you live).
- My name is Jeff Boyd. I was privileged to be Dave’s first (& initially only) referred financial planner here in San Diego since 2004. I've loved working with Dave’s team & clients just like you all of those years – we know how to take what Dave teaches, combined with our own experience of working directly with clients, and create a customized plan that will inspire you to make sustained progress.
- I'm the Owner & Founder of Phase Four located in Mission Valley of San Diego (but serving clients all over the county & many other states) since 2009. I've been in the financial planning profession since 1998 & am absolutely passionate about helping my clients achieve the best life possible with the resources they have access to.
- I'm a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) – this is considered the most comprehensive designation in our industry reflecting both experience & education around the areas of Financial Planning, Investments, Insurance, Tax, Retirement, College Savings, & Estate Planning & carries a focus on fiduciary responsibility in guiding our clients. This may or may not be important if you’re just looking to start a mutual fund, etc., but becomes more valuable if a big picture overview of at least some of those components is what you would benefit from.
- Phase Four Financial Solutions is a fee-based financial planning firm. This means we are able to do what we believe is best for each client situation with several flexible options for how we work together with our clients from a compensation standpoint.
- We are independent – This means both that:
- We are not required or specially incentivized to recommend any particular investment or insurance companies to our clients, and:
- We do have access to almost any option out there, from low-cost index funds and ETF’s to institutional-quality active management & a wide range of other financial solutions. We also have access to the best independent insurance options for life, disability, & Long-Term Care insurance, and I am also Dave’s only ELP in San Diego for LTC coverage.
- While we're well known for our work with clients in or approaching “Phase Four” (retirement), we have a wide range of clients who we help. Other common themes of those who really benefit from our process are self-employed & business owners, military, business executives, & those going through significant life transitions (job change, marriage, divorce, loss of family member, or just a general desire to make some big life changes).
I’ve started something new as my gift to you. I’m offering SmartVestor/ELP inquiries free access to a portion of an online planning tool typically reserved for clients in order to facilitate conversation in our first phone call. It will give you clarity to allow me (or any of the other SmartVestors) to be effective in helping you plan effectively with your investments.
The 5-10 minute online process focuses on a “Financial Life Checkup” & a look at “Life Transitions” that could impact your planning. People find it useful for gathering their initial thoughts (& it’s great for ongoing progress planning with my clients).
As my gift to you I will then create & email you a summary & a very thorough report (often 30-50 pages depending on the number of Transitions you select) that includes many helpful questions & resources for you to consider.
This is a very valuable resource. Complete the Contact Us button below & I'll send unique login details & instructions.
Finally, if you completed an ELP inquiry for Long Term Care (or want quotes for Life insurance, Disability insurance, or LTC coverage, please click here to go to our insurance page